If you are a Fort Wayne resident suffering from a missing tooth or teeth, Dr. Diehl & Dr. Hemphill at Dupont Family Dentistry have a solid solution for you. Getting your smile back to its beautiful form and function is our top priority, because missing teeth not only has an impact on the aesthetic appearance of your smile, but can be quite detrimental to your oral and overall health.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic tooth replacement, made of durable, tooth-colored porcelain. The bridge is custom-created to fit perfectly in the gap, and beautifully match the look of the rest of your teeth – no one will know it’s a restoration. The porcelain bridge is then bonded to the teeth on either side of the gap, making it stable, and preventing adjacent teeth from moving or rotating.
Is a Dental Bridge right for me?
There are numerous benefits from dental bridges – aesthetic, functional, and health. A porcelain bridge might be a good option for you if:
- You are missing a tooth or multiple teeth
- Teeth are moving or rotating on either side of a gap, causing discomfort
- You desire to chew normally again, and enjoy the foods you love
- You would like a more stable alternative to a denture
- You want your restoration to look and function like your natural teeth
- You wish to preserve your bite and healthy jawbone
- You want to regain confidence in your smile and yourself
If you think a dental bridge might be a good solution for you, please don’t hesitate to call Dupont Family Dentistry today at (206) 489-1100, or schedule a consultation online. Dr. Diehl & Dr. Hemphill would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options and determine if a dental bridge is right for you.